Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leanna & The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

It's just been one of those days. Ugh. First, Aviva woke up with the nastiest diaper in the entire world! Let's just say it was full from front to back with little room to spare - actually, there was no room to spare as things spilled up and over the back of her diaper and onto her onesie. Gross!

Breakfast was fine - we're trying to get Aviva to drink from a sippy cup/sports bottle for her milk rather than a bottle and she's doing very well. She's also getting more and more frustrated during the day that she can't walk as much as she wants to. For instance, she wants to walk to the kitchen, but she can't walk unless she's holding onto something and then she can't find anything to hold on to, so she gets upset. Soon enough, baby girl - soon enough.

I corralled the dog and the baby after breakfast and off we went on our walk. We drove a few miles away to one of our favorite walking trails and took off; of course, not before changing Aviva's diaper for the second time in less than one hour. Changing a poop diaper in the car is no fun! So anyway, we're on our walk and of course, we were LITERALLY at the farthest point from the car when it started to rain. And not just a light drizzle - a downpour! Aviva was fine because she was bundled up and under her super-huge BOB visor but the dog and I got drenched. I debated if I should start running just to get back to the car faster but then I figured that it would be better for me to get wet than to drop dead from a heart attack!

Also, despite the fact that I only have EXACTLY seven days until I'm eligible to get a new, free phone, they won't let me get it early. What a great way to show customer appreciation, AT&T! So alas, I must hang on to my broken phone (which totally got tossed into a puddle this morning while I was trying to put everyone into the car as fast as possible after the walk) for one more week. Oh well, I'll live.

And that is that. I think I'm going to go upstairs and take a nap. But maybe I'll watch something crappy on Bravo first.

No comments:

Post a Comment